GIRLS 2008/2009 Summer Season Start-up Development Camp
Date: Monday June 21, 2021 to Thursday June 24,
See calendar below for up to date camp schedule.
Cost: $295.00 + HST – payment/registration online only!!!
- 4 x 1hr 20 minute on-ice sessions, practice jersey.
- Maxed out @ 20 players/Session.
- High End Development
Covid-19: 100% reimbursement if Development Camp cannot proceed.
Axis Hockey Girls Development Calendar
Lucan Arena | Lucan, Ontario
General Inquiries & Registration
We have all missed out on the game we love for the last year and a half. Summer may be our only opportunity for growth in the face of a potential 4th wave this Fall. Allow your athlete an opportunity to separate themselves from the competition and further their development utilizing a 360 degree focus, both in mind and body. The program has been fine tuned from a combined 40 years of professional hockey experience, accumulated at the OHL, AHL, KHL and NHL levels.
Krys Barch (8 year NHL Player, 5 year NHL Development Coach) and Jamie Johnson (14 year professional KHL & AHL Player, 2 year Okanagan Development Coach) have combined forces allowing a wealth of expertise to be presented in a unique teaching/coaching environment.
- Ice sessions will focus on development of skating, pucks skills, hockey sense, as well as small area competition.
- Skating Development Focus – Proper technique in all skating aspects (stride
forward/backward, agility/edge work, utilization of cross overs/taking angles to pucks, manipulation of ice, dictating space and play, increase Speed in all facets, etc).
- Puck Skills – Offensive maneuvers, deception, puck protection, passing
(forehand, backhand, saucer, receiving/accepting passes), shooting (wrist/snap shot, backhand, slap shot, release/velocity/accuracy, changing angles, utilizing screens/traffic, etc).
- Hockey Sense – Reading what is a and what is to come, evolve the importance of a “play away from the puck” mentality, defensive & offensive awareness/positioning/decisions. Increasing overall hockey intellect.
- Character/Compete – Build confidence in self and teammates, push to a level of healthy uncomfortable allowing a growth in mind and body.